Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Friday, May 9, 2014

West Chester Spring, May 9, 2014.

After a hard winter that it seemed like would never relent after setting all kinds of records we finally have some wonderful spring days. This of course means lots of outdoor work of cleaning up flower beds and getting ready to plant. I am particularly bummed because I lost 5 or 6 evergreen trees which were maturing nicely. I lost several other flowering bushes as well and several azaleas and rhododendron. The one bright spot in the fountain it appears all six fish survived and yesterday to my amazement I saw that one of the frogs has come out of hibernation. The hardy water lilies did not make it. In the next couple of days I am going to have to climb into the fountain and clean it out and plant new flowers around it. I have to remember to put some type of floating device in there for the frog to sit on because all he can do now is just float in the water. I have all the plants out of the sun room now except on big elephant ears which is so heavy I can't budge it. Will have to wait until some help comes by. The day after I put my hummingbird feeders up I saw my first hummingbird. I can now identify 3 different birds that are feeding. They are all very small and so beautiful. The wrens are very busy building nests as well as the robins, red birds and doves. The mornings just before sunrise are glorious with the cool temperatures, gentle breeze and song bird singing in all directions of the house. It is times like this that you know why you do not live in the city especially if you are a farm boy at heart like me.

I have to go now to look for more flowers to plant. Have to get them early or else they are picked over and nothing is left. Remember what I say God loves you and so do I. 

Grandpa Bill.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I will be right over with the professional movers to get those elephant ears out of your way. We will be there in a couple of weeks. I hope you get them outside. Otherwise, I will be getting the FDA inspector over to your place to get a CA. stamp of approval to get them into my state!
    Love,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete