Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Monday, June 23, 2014

Creation Museum, Petersburg, Kentucky, 10 & 11 Jun, 2014, Part 1

Entrance To The Creation Museum ( Answers In Genesis )

On the 10th and 11th of June, 2014, My daughter Janice and I spent both days visiting the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky. Janice and her sisters had their annual sister's weekend in Long Island, New York and on the way back to California where she lives she stopped off to spend a week with me. The Creation Museum is a wonderful place located on several acres of land and contains 70,000 square feet of museum space which brings the Bible to life through displays. The Biblical story is told through life like characters, animals, static displays, written displays as well as many Audio/Visual displays. The Stargazer's Planetarium is great. The Botanical Gardens has a wide range of plant life and gives you some good walking exercise when you walk all it's trails. For the kids and I guess for the adults who are kids at heart there is a petting zoo. I could not get Janice to ride the camel. If you prefer to see the gardens from the air you can do so by taking one of the zip lines across the large pond. I watched several people taking the zip line but most seemed to be holding on for dear life rather than looking at the scenery. Of course there are the obligatory book store and dining facility both of which we spent time in. The food was excellent and reasonable. They have guest speakers each day and the first day we were there we got to hear Ken Ham the creator of the museum who is a world renown spokesman for creationism as opposed to evolution. The centerpiece of the museum is a self guided walk through tour. This tour will take you back to creation of the universe and take you through the " 7 C's " of history. The first 4 C's are ( Creation, Corruption, Catastrophe, and Confusion )  and the final 3 C's are ( Christ, Cross, and Consummation ). These C's will be fully explored in future postings.


 This Big Boy Stands At The Entrance To Greet You. Many More Of His Friends Large And Small Await You Inside.
Janice Stands In Front Of Museum Entrance.
The 7 C's In God's Eternal Plan

Like I said earlier Janice and I spent 2 full days touring the museum and we did not have time to fully explore the displays to our satisfaction so I will have to go back. At Christmas time they have the grounds lite up so I will have to go back for that for sure. My PLAN is to do numerous posting about the museum ( including many photographs ) over the next several weeks so be on the lookout for them. I just reminded myself of the fact that if you want to hear God laugh tell him your plans. Of course when I say I plan to do this and so it is with the understanding of " if God is willing " and I often neglect to state that.  Also I have another trip to the north east soon so the blog machine is really going to be busy.

The interesting point about the discussion of creationism verses evolutionism is that we all have the same facts in front of us but we interpret them differently. For me and my house the Bible does not need any of my interpretation. I accept God's word as truth just like I accept and always say God loves you and so do I.

Grandpa Bill

1 comment:

  1. That looks like such a cool place! Looking forward to the posts! Love you dad

    ReplyDelete