Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Abraham Lincoln Birthplace in Kentucky, May 12, 2015

Good evening from Forrest City, Arkansas where I am checked into a Comfort Suites motel which is west of Memphis, TN. not a great distance.I left home at 7 AM this morning after saying goodbye to my new puppy and getting her all secure in her crate/cage to wait for grand daughter Lisa to come at noon and let her out and then spend the night with her at my house. Since I last posted to this blog I finally got my dog I have wanted for so long. She is a rescue dog from Afganistan and is of the Kuchi breed although her papers say she is a mix Lab Retriever. Now you have to realize when I say puppy she is 17 months old and weigh 55 pounds and is as strong as an OX but gets into rtrouble just like any young puppy would do. It is like having a toddler around the house but I love her.

Annabel Just after I got her.

I had a nice drive down to Abraham Lincoln Birthplace in Hodgenville, Kentucky. The weather could not have been better. There were two major traffic delays. One for a serious accident that closed the interstate and the other one for road construction. You just have to be prepaed for construction delays this time of year. The road was just lined with beautiful flowering trees such as follows:
 Trees in bloom along interstate in Kentucky
Trees in bloom along interstate in Kentucky.

The Abraham Lincoln Birthplace is a National Historic Park Kentucky and is administered  by the National Park Service. Almost 100 years after Thomas  Lincoln moved from Sinking Spring Farm, a log cabin originally accepted as the birthplace cabin of Abraham Lincoln was placed in the Memorial Building. While the cabin is old and typlical to the area it is not the original Lincoln cabin The National Park Service considers it a symbolic cabin. I will show just a few photographs in this posting and will update it at a later date.
Entrance Into Park
 Memorial Building which contains log cabin originally accepted as the birthplace cabin of Abraham Lincoln

Memorial Building. There are 53 steps leading to this memorial. one for each year of his life.
 Log cabin originally accepted as the birthplace cabin of Abraham Lincoln
Log cabin originally accepted as the birthplace cabin of Abraham Lincoln
 Sinking Spring as it appeared when the Lincolns lived nearby.
Sinking Spring today.

Well it is time to put this tired old body to bed and get ready for new adventures tomorrow as 
God leads me.

As I always say God loves you and so do I.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dad,

    Very Nice and such a beautiful day. Did you see me wave to you from the friendly skies as I zoomed overhead today? I am in Atlanta now until Friday. Great photos, you should have been a photographer! Tonight I had dinner with a Air Force Air Space Command guy and two oil drillers what a mix we are here at JMT!
    Have a great trip, Cheer loudly for Sara! Love,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dad
    I am glad you had a good traveling day. I hope Annabelle behaved herself and didn't miss you too much.
    Love you
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete