Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Update to New England trip, 11/15/2012

I will try to catch up on a few things before I get back to finish the blog on my New England trip. So what have I been doing. Well busy as usual which retired people are suppose to be right. You know nothing to do but just lay back and take it easy. I guess in theory that sounds good but it does not seem to work out that way in real life. For example when you are gone for 3 plus weeks how can the house get so dirty and dusty. I guess you realize the grass continues to grow. Then as cool weather starts that fall activity of leaves falling starts and continues for a while. You know we moved into this house in 1982 and virtually no trees in the yard and now  there are 6 that tower over our two story house and other shorter ones all which just can't wait to dump leaves on the yard that have to be removed. I joked with the trash guy the other morning that I thought I would try to fill his truck myself. He said I got a good start. Oh, then there is the matter of a toy barn for my brother's grand son. It is coming along nicely all 30 inch wide X 17 inch deep X 24 inch tall. Of course you know all those little special touches like varnished first and second floors ( three coats of varnish sanded between coats ) takes a little extra time. But for a perfectionist those things matter. Hey, who are you calling a what was it?

A few years ago I had to have cataracts remove from both eyes. The last few months the left eye started getting blurred and the old cataract symptoms started returning. On my routine eye check up the doctors said these were secondary cataracts returning in my left eye which should be taken care of. So he referred me to the Cincinnati Eye Institute where I had the cataracts removed. Today they did a laser treatment on my left eye. It took about 2 or 3 minutes. Was painless and as I type this now the vision is just about back to normal. Following the treatment I had to wait about 45 minutes for the feeling to come back in the eye and they did a pressure check and then an normal eye check. The pressure was good and even with all the drops in my eye the vision is again 20 x 20. Thank God for the marvels of medicine.

I told someone the other day I know I am getting older and I think I am getting smarter. The reason. We have had several days when the nights have been real cold but the days have been sunny and the temperature in the low 50s to 60s so I got nearly all my outside Christmas lights on the trees. You see I historically have waited until it was way below freezing before I put up the lights.

Also, I have wanted to do some rearranging of furniture for a long time and just have not been able to come up with what should be a very simple thing to do. While I was driving back from Gettysburg to West Chester I started thinking about how I could move things around and guess what everything just seemed to fall into place. Like it the way it is now. You need to know I have 4 daughters that were not very happy with me moving all that heavy stuff by myself. Well you know how the old saying goes, " it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission " or something like that.

As far as catching up on the trip blog. I have to clarify and elaborate on a couple of items. Then I have to talk about Ellis Island. Then I have to say a lot about Gettysburg then I will go back over everything in my notebook and see if there is anything else I want to cover. You see I just have to get up to date before I take off on my Christmas trip.

Well it is about my bed time so I need to give the eyes some rest. Besides, I don't know why but I typed this on my laptop instead of the desktop which makes typing a lot easier on the back. Meaning the desktop is easier on the back. So goodnight everyone and remember I love you and God loves you and gave his son ( Jesus ) for us all.

Grandpa Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment