Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pleasanton,California, 1/3/2013

Happy New Year. So far I have succeeded in writing the correct year rather than the old year. Today has been another busy day around Janice's home. Bami has taken another day off and worked partly in his home office and partly trying to get things unpacked and put away. That is the big issue. The unpacking is easy the finding a home for what ever was unpacked is not so easy. I think we did a lot of moving stuff from one place to another without finding permanent homes for a lot of things. Janice and I spent a few hours working in the downstairs guest bedroom. It had been a place to wrap Christmas presents and in general just a catch all place to put boxes to be opened later. Well later came today. Tonight that bedroom is about 90% ready for a guest. Actually it is ready provided the guest is not very picky. After a late lunch I was left alone to watch some of my staple old TV shows and went to sleep doing so. I got up from that easy couch and did my laundry. You know how domestic I have become. By this time it is nearly dinner time and I offered to take them out to eat. They about broke their necks getting coats on and into the car. We went to downtown Livermore, California to the CASBAH, Mediterranean Kitchen. I walked in expecting to see some middle eastern dancers but there were none. The downtown section where this restaurant is located and is a very lively spot and to me very attractive with that old time town feel. There is a good mix of small stores, bars & grills, all sorts of small shops. None of the big box stores. Very quaint. Love it.  The Casbah has a wide range of entrees and salads. Entrees include Lamb, Chicken, Beef, Fish, Pasta, Stew as well as Vegetarian & Vegan. I had a Greek salad and a Greek chicken kebab served with white rice, carrots, Persian cucumbers, broccoli and other delicious things. Very satisfying time and meal that was moderately priced.If you are in the area I recommend the CASBAH.
 Must close tonight and rest up for what ever tomorrow brings. As always remember that God loved us so much that He gave His only Son,           Jesus Christ, to die for our redemption from our sins to all who accept Him as Savior and Lord. I love you. also.

Grandpa Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment