Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Fountain Update, June 17, 2013

Several of you have asked " is the fountain finished? "  I can report that it is except for the final start up of the lawn sprinkler system. There is one sprinkler  head that will spray the flowers around the edge of the fountain. You can see it next to the head of the lady in the fountain. You can see some of the giant elephant ears in the background.
Fountain feature is an old bird bath that has been in the family for years and years and I can't recall where I got it except that it was not bought new which means I bought it used, someone gave it to me or I got it out of someones trash at the curb. The red flowers are Bronze Wax Leaf Begonia, there are petunias and a lot of moss and trailing ground cover that I hope gradually fills in around the blocks and rocks.
Top right is the planter pole which has 13 hanging baskets on it.
Beautiful Yellow Water Lily
Purple Water Lily. The Tropical Night Blooming Water Lily Has Not Bloomed Yet.
Three Lights In The Fountain Come On At Dusk & Go Off  At Sunrise
Planter Pole With Mixture Of Baskets. Large Green Leaves Are Magnolia Tree
  1. Water Lily With Blooming Border Plants. If You Look Closely You Can See A Couple Of Gold Fish
My Latest Visitors To The Bird Feeders
White Iris
Purple Iris
Blue & White Iris And My Hand
Yellow Rose
Blue Clematis 
Red Knock Out Rose
White Knock Out Rose

That finishes this show free of charge. You can't get a better deal than that. Just as a little tease I am working on the blog for my visit to the Ulysses S. Grant's home in Galena, Illinois which will come out the next couple of days. Time for me to take my night time medicine and start getting ready for bed so good night and remember God loves you and so do I.

Grandpa Bill



2 comments:

  1. Wow just beautiful Dad!
    I am impressed. And the lilies are blooming already. You haven't lost your touch.
    The begonia are a very underestimated flower. I hope the moss fills in like you expect. All the other floral pics are great too. Lets see some pictures of those fish too. Tell them to hold still and say "cheese". I love your iris' Have the ducks climbed into the fountain?
    I love you
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing! The begonias are such a great touch.
    Those are some lucky fishies!
    Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete