Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Ronald Wilson Reagan Museum, Eureka College, Eureka, Illinois, May 19 & 20, 2013

Drove from Galena, Illinois to Eureka, Illinois in scattered showers and then beautiful bright sunlight. I had some difficulty finding the Reagan Museum for several reasons but the main one was lack of good signage. The GPS was not any help because this is a very old college campus with lots of green space and huge trees with the buildings set back  50 to 75 yards from the street. GPS might say you have reached your destination   when you are a block away on either side of the street. After much circling around I located the building the museum is in only to find the building was closed. It turns out I arrived about a day or so  late because the college finished the semester and most of the students have gone home. The facts are that the museum is open on Sunday when school is in session but reverts to a normal business hours at other times. So back into the car and headed for Petersburg, Illinois for the Abraham Lincoln State Historical site and by the time I got there it was closed. So I came on to Springfield, Illinois to find a Best Western Motel to spend the night. Just in front of me were 40 or so motorcycles and you guessed it they pulled into the Best Western and I did not want any of that so I found the Drury Inn where I am spending the night. They serve a free evening meal and hot breakfast. Plans for tomorrow are to go back to see the Reagan Museum then back to see a lot of Lincoln places in and around Springfield.
Bust Of President Ronald Reagan. His museum is located in the brick building in the background.
The Reagan Museum Is Located Inside The Donald B. Cerf College Center of Eureka College
Plaque For Ronald W. Reagan, Fortieth President Of The United
States And Graduate Of Eureka College, 1932.
Story About Reagan's Birth
Reagan Comment About Eureka College
Comments By Reagan Such As Above And Will Be Shown Later Will be Shown
For Your Reading. For Me They Say So Much About The Man.
Reagan Comment
Reagan Comment
USS Ronald Reagan Aircraft Carrier

Reagan Comment
Reagan College Diploma
Reagan Comment
Reagan Comment About Eureka College
Reagan Comment
Reagan Comment
Reagan Comment
Reagan Comment
Reagan Comment
Reagan Comment
Reagan Comment
Reagan Comment
Movies And Television Shows Reagan Appeared In
Statue Of Reagan And Presidential Boots
Reagan Comment
Reagan ( Dutch's ) Fiance ( Jane )

The Reagan Museum at Eureka College is small but very tastefully done and I enjoyed it even though I had a hard time finding it and had to wait a long time for it to open. With school out those who are working are on a very relaxed schedule at least that was the position of a maintenance man who let me into the building and told me to have a seat and someone would be in " before long " to open the museum. Sure enough several minutes late a young lady came in and asked if I was waiting for the museum to open and she apologized for being late opened it then went and opened the book store where she worked. I had the museum all to myself. The old saying that good things come to those who wait was true in this case. Now to drive back to Lincoln's New Salem. Remember God Loves you and so do I.

Grandpa Bill

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting a picture of the wooden plaque there. My grandfather carved that for President Reagan, since they were friends in college, and this is the first time that I've seen a picture of it hanging there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I did not see any comments about who made the plaque. It is a beautiful pience of work. I love working with wood and crafts so I appreciate a good item when I see it.

      Delete