Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas 2014, Cincinnati, Ohio

This year I had the opportunity and privilege to spend Christmas Day with my daughter and her family here in Cincinnati, Ohio. Mike and Lisa were there also. When you arrive at their home you are greeted by the two dogs Shady (large and loud) and Shadow (small and feisty) both being held back by members of the household. If you are luck after about 30 minutes of being restrained the dogs decide that they will allow you ( meaning me ) will be allowed to stay in the home and become friendly.
Shady being restrained by Lisa and keeping an eye on me.
Shady being restrained and keeping an eye on me.
Shadow decides his breakfast if more important than barking at me 

After being accepted by the dogs I had to take a few photographs of their beautifully decorated home. They did an excellent job of decorating.
 Lisa puts presents under the tree and around the room.
 Lisa inspects her handy work.
 Stairway decorations
 Fireplace and mantel decorations
 Stockings awaiting emptying of gifts 
Beautify Christmas Tree
Shortly after arriving we were treated to an excellent breakfast.
Breakfast
We spent the next couple of hours opening the marvelous gifts we received from our family from all over the United States. We really appreciate what we received. Personally, I received DVDs and books that will keep me busy for days of reading and watching and may even inspire me plans some new road trips. Can you imagine that. Even the dogs got a number of chew toys and they really enjoyed them, Shady even got hold of my stuffed Arkansas Razorback and was trying to get it out of the package before I did. To her it was just another chew toy and it is no worse for the encounter just wet from her slobbers.  
Lisa teases Shady with a chew toy. Notice she is no longer restrained.

Now you know that after opening presents you have to rest awhile and then have a snack which was delicious. Now comes time for some real rest and closer look at our presents.
Snack (lunch time)
 Tom and Shadow relax 
Shady and Shadow understand that Tom makes a perfect pillow. This bunch knows how to relax.

During the after noon we watched  It's a Wonderful Life,Tom and Lisa played some games and Pat started preparing dinner. She recruited me to snap and break the beans. I was so anxious to eat that I failed to take a photograph of the beautiful meal that Pat placed on the table. She prepared ham, green beans, cauliflower, biscuits and salad. Delicious.

I had a wonderful day and thank Tom and Pat for welcoming me into their home for a festive day which I thoroughly enjoyed. 

Grandpa Bill




1 comment:

  1. DAD, it looks like everyone was blessed with lots of presents, food, lovely warm company, and decorations, and at least a couple of dogs and a one Dad got in a nap! I am so happy you got to spend Christmas with the Boskens! I know they really enjoyed having you there to spend the day with their family!
    Love, Janice

    ReplyDelete