Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Gidden's Class Christmas Party, 2014

Late yesterday afternoon the John Gidden's Bible Study class at Liberty Heights Church gathered at my home for the annual Christmas Party. My Granddaughter Lisa served as hostess helping Joe Tatar and Edna Thomas who plan our social functions in arranging the food on the cabinets and in greeting everyone. We started out taking individual or couples photographs but we had to give up on that idea as people started coming in groups, We stopped taking photographs to get everyone inside and coats hung up in the closet.I provided Honey Baked ham, turkey,roast beef from the Honey Baked Ham store and thin sliced prime rib cooked and sliced from Steve's Deli here in West Chester. Of course the ladies of the class out did themselves with their side dishes and deserts. Oh those deserts. We had all sorts of old fashioned Christmas candies and nuts sitting around for munching on before we ate not to mention the hors d'oeuvres. What a feast. I specifically asked that we not play any games or do the traditional white elephant activities just sit around and talk and enjoy each others company and that is what we did.We had 40 class members who attended and only had one couple of our regular attenders who missed the activity due to illness. I thoroughly enjoyed decorating the house and having the house full of talk and laughter. From all reports everyone enjoyed themselves. 

The following photographs are of attendee of the Gidden Class Christmas Party, 12/6/2014
 My beautiful granddaughter Lisa






My Buddy Jim
















The following photographs are of my home's decorations








 Christmas Guard Santa Bear On Duty. Looks to me like he is getting awfully sleepy.


        A question I have never been able to answer " What is she saying to him?" It must be nice 
        seeing the smile on his face. I could write a book on the possibilities that have been suggested.

These little wax candles were our first Christmas decoration dating back to 1956

As Paul Harvey use to say "and that is the rest of the story". At least I think it was Paul Harvey who said that. At any rate Pastor Brad was unable to attend due to a prior commitment but at his request I have edited some of the photographs and omitted some of the discussions I overheard that might not seem appropriate for such a group. Just kidding on the contrary I promised to report any such action to him but I must admit everyone was very well behaved and I have nothing to report except that they all were well behaved, happy, and left with a smile and full tummy. As little Tim said " Bless us all". Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Gidden Bible Study class at Liberty Heights Church.

And as I always say remember that God loved us so much that he sent his only son into this world to live a sinless life, be rejected and put to death on a cross shedding his blood as a sacrifice to make a way for our salvation if we (anyone) will confess our sins,ask God to forgive us and accept the free give of salvation. When we say free; the means of our salvation was bought at a terrible price- God's only Son.

God loves you and so do I.

Grandpa Bill



1 comment:

  1. Wow Dad, You have done a GREAT JOB!!!! I am very impressed!!!! It looks like everybody had a very good time and your bedroom looks so comfy! I love the way you decorated it!!! I am so proud of the way you have kept the memory of Christmas alive in your home using all those wonderful touches Mom obviously taught YOU! It rubbed off! I hoped someone helped you clean up! They will definitely want to come over again you know!!! I love you! And I am very proud of you! I knew you could pull it off! Janice

    ReplyDelete