Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Leaving California And Heading East, Sep. 6, 2013.

Today is September 7, 2013 and  as I suspected I woke up at 4:00 A. M. this morning had my breakfast smoothie and left Janice's at 4:45 A. M. We said our goodbyes last night. I had a marvelous visit and Nicku's wedding was beautiful. I especially enjoyed Janice going with me to see the Presidential Libraries and Museums. I always enjoy driving through the valley in California where they grow so much fruit, vegetables and all kinds of nuts. They are harvesting tomatoes, potatoes and various nuts right now. On the road you see trailer after trailer of these items headed to processing plants. At some of the processing plants you can see mounds of nuts as high as a two story building piled on the ground.
Sunrise In California. Splattered Bugs On The Windshield
 Sunrise In California
 Sunrise In California
Sunrise In California

The drive today was pleasant. The drive across the Mojave dessert was warm as the temperature ranged from 101 to 105. I ate lunch in Las Vegas at a McDonald's where I have eaten several times before. North of Las Vegas where you hit the mountains there is a gorge which the road goes through that has some of the most spectacular views I have ever seen. This is the area where you can turn off to go to Zion National Park. Unfortunately the road is narrow that there are no pull off points so you can take a photograph. I did not feel brave enough to stop in the middle of the road as traffic was pretty heavy.

 I am staying tonight at the Best Western El Ray Inn & Suites in Cedar City, Utah considerably north of Las Vegas and this area is north of the Zion National Park. I stopped at this Best Western because they have a restaurant in connection with the motel.  When I went to the restaurant I found it locked. I asked the lady at the front desk of the motel what the deal was with the restaurant she said it was closed as the owner could not make it financially. When I told the lady at the desk I would not have stopped if the restaurant had had a sign in the window saying it was closed she was most apologetic and started offering all sorts of advice on other restaurants nearby. As most of you know, I am sure, when you travel east from out here you loose an hour every time you cross a time zone so it is often later than you think and that was the case here. I walked around a lot and could not find a place to eat and the places the motel recommended were closed or out of business so I ended up going into a very busy grocery store and getting a banana, yogurt and some snacks and going back to the motel to eat.  While I was walking around I passed another Best Western Motel that was 3 blocks from my motel so I guess I figured out why they did not have a sign saying the restaurant was closed.

So as I always say remember God Loves you and so do I.

Thought For Today: The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore. Psalm 121:8.

Grandpa Bill

1 comment:

  1. Great Sunrise pictures. You only get those if you get up early though. Probably not gonna see many myself, ha as I am rarely up befofe sunrise. Get I didn't inherit those genes from you Daddy.
    Love you
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete