Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Travel Update, Long Island, New York, 11/26/2013

Hello everyone,

Made  it in one piece. I had my alarm set  for 3:00 A. M. but woke up at 2:45 and got up finished loading the car and was on the road  by 3:30. At home there was a slight covering of snow and  with snow  showers. he  road was clear but very wet. About half way to Columbus I ran out of the snow and the road was dry until about 30 minutes east of Columbus. From there to here it was snow showers or heavy snow. I ate breakfast at Bob Evans in Washington, Pennsylvania. The  roads stayed wet but not slick. Just after the last tunnel in Pennsylvania the snow turned to rain with the temp between 31 and 33. I had lunch at the Cumberland Travel Plaza on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. The road was very wet but not slick. The  temp was just right for ice build up on the car. By the time I got to the New Jersey Turnpike it had warmed up to 35 to 38  and all of the ice melted off and the rain continued. I arrived at Joyces' at 4:30. Got the car unloaded and saw Cassidy Marie. She gave me a big smile.  The traffic on Long Island was terrible. From just over the bridge from Staten Island, N. Y. to Joyces' GPS was estimating 60 minutes delay on top of the normal driving time.

It has been a long day so I will be going to bed pretty early.

Remember God loves you and so do I. Let me wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and I encourage you to take a few moments and just think of the things you have to be thankful for.

Grandpa Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment