Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Calvin Coolidge, Continued 3

Hello, I took a sort break and had a 30 minute nap in a hammock  out under some tree by where I ate my lunch. Hot but nice breeze blowing there in the shade. It is time to look at another building on the site, The Wilder House.
                                The Coolidge Homestead
Marker On Side Of House
Registered National Historic Landmark
The Coolidge Homestead.
The couple seen approaching the house and I created quite a stir here. As I came up behind them they were trying to figure out how to get into the house because it is open for viewing. The man said to his wife that someone told him to push sideways on the big door because it is a sliding door. OK it opened and we went strolling happily through the house. We were about 90 percent through the house when a small tour group caught up with us. The tour guide was not happy at all and wanted to know what we were doing and how we got into the house and we told her. She let us know that that was a no no. It seems that you are suppose to have a guide to show you through the house. We checked when we got back outside and there are no signs that say you have to have a guide and such instructions were not given when I bought my ticket. OH well I probably got more photographs than I would have with a guide because they push you through pretty rapidly.
                                                  Two Hole Privy
 


Description Of Two Hole Privy
Wood Shed
Wood Shed Description. He Was An Early Riser.
The Laundry
The Laundry Description
                                                        The Wringer

Kitchen Table Showing Dishes
Kitchen Pantry-No Photograph
Description Of The Kitchen - No Photograph
Oath Of Office Room
Description Of Oath Of Room Room

The Parlor
 
Next we will look at the Plymouth Cheese Factory.
 
The Plymouth Cheese Factory
 
Large Vats ( See Below )

Description Of The Plymouth Cheese Factory
 
Cheese Presses
Part Of Cheese Factory
The History Of Plymouth Cheese.
Plymouth Cheese History And Development Of The Area
 
 
More History
More History
More History
Letter To A Customer Who Ordered Cheese
 Well boys and girls this finishes a long hot day of sitting here typing and inserting photographs. The high from noon until 7:30 tonight was 91 degrees. Tonight I drove back over to Rutland and ate at the Applebee's again. I love their baby spinach/fresh straw berry salad and their frozen Strawberry/Lemon drink. When I got back the daughter of the Inn Keeper had fifteen or so ladies in for a party where they were buying all sort of things and booking more parties. I remember Jan tried some of these parties and they were not very successful. I had a hard time concentrating on what i was doing and listening who was cheating on who and so forth. I will be back at it again tomorrow and hopefully Jim and friends will get here as scheduled. It must have been very hot out there on the trail with the heavy back packs. I have seen several of the hikers go by today and especially late this afternoon they looked like they were just dragging. Well its 9:30 so I will close and see if the room is cool enough with a fan to sleep.
 
Remember as always God Love you and so do I.
 
Grandpa Bill


 

No comments:

Post a Comment