Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Update & Upcoming Short Trip,Jul 3, 2013

I suppose many of you have been wondering what I have been doing. Well it is a long story. Part of the time I  have been trying to stay cool and other times I have been trying to stay dry and still get in some work outside. The fountain is coming along well. The flowers are blooming and the moss I transferred from various places around the yard to the rocks around the fountain seems to be taking hold and looks like it will grow and spread. The fish are pretty well adjusted and will come to the surface to get food while I am standing there. The birds are also adjusting to the moving of their water fountain. Most of them will come and get a drink while I am sitting nearby a few feet away reading.The squirrels have not figured out a way to drink out of the fountain and I hope they don't because I think it would be big trouble.  I have found out one thing. It is difficult to read and stay awake when you hear the water in the fountain. It is starting to turn out the way I envisioned it.

Concerning animal life in my back yard. With the coming of late spring and early summer the new crop of baby animals are starting to make visits. It seem like each year I have a new bunch of baby rabbits, squirrels and fawns. One of the baby rabbits seems to have decided to make my backyard as his home and he seems to be almost tame. Of course the new squirrels seem to always stay and don't ever leave. Again, this year they have just about destroyed my bartlett pears before they get ripe for me. The prettiest of all is the pair of baby fawns that mother deer has been bringing into the yard. I have one fence gate that needs to be replaced because it wont stay closed. Mother deer jumps the fence and leaves the fawns to find the gate which they always seem to do. The time when the following photographs were made the mom decided she had had enough of me so she trotted over and jumped the fence. Of course the babies followed her but could not jump the fence. They seem to panic  looking at me and trying to find the gate. They finally did and left.
Fawn Under Flower Baskets. Fawn Is About 2 1/2 Feet Tall. 
And Yes They Did Munch On The Flowers
Beautiful Baby Fawn
Mother Watches Her Babies
Mother Says It Is Time To Go 

The title of this posting is " Update & Upcoming Short Trip ". OK  the update is above. About the 13th or 14th of Jul I will make a short trip up to Vermont and New Hampshire. There are two reasons for this trip. Reason one-- I think I have mentioned that I have a friend at church that has done some hiking on the Appalachian trail. He started out the first couple of weeks with a friend named Goose ( Trail Name ) at the start of the Appalachian Trail and had to come back to work while Goose continued on. Goose has now made it to Connecticut and My friend Jim ( Trail Name Slim ) is going to rejoin Goose at Manchester Center, Vermont and walk the trail with him for about 100 miles. There are some presidential sites there I want to visit in Vermont and New Hampshire so Jim will ride with me up there. While Jim is on the trail I will visit President Calvin Coolidge birthplace, Plymouth Notch, Vermont and his burial place in Plymouth, Vermont and President Chester Alan Arthur Historical site in Fairfield, Vermont. In New Hampshire I want to see President Franklin Pierce place of birth, Hillsborough, N. H., The Pierce Homestead near Hillsborough, N. H.  Next the Pierce residence " The Pierce Manse " in Concord, N. H.  I will pick Jim up in Hanover, N. H.  From Hanover we go down to North Hampton, Mass. to tour Calvin Coolidge Presidential Library and Museum and then on to West Chester. This will be a nice tune up for my August trip to California.

As always remember God loves you and I love you.

Grandpa Bill


1 comment:

  1. Hi Dad,

    These little deer are cute. I don't know that I would like them munching on my pretty flowers!

    Great ideas to go up and visit the library and see some sites at the same time and have company to boot!

    It should be pretty and cool in the woods up there with all the heavy green woods. Have a great time and learn a lot!

    We watched "John Adams" for 7 hours in 105+ heat here on the 4th! I keep laughing at the way they used to say the word "Concord" and hold the "or" long in the mouth.

    When Parisa went to UPENN her Freshman year, they took the newbies to high the same trail down there in the hills outside Philly at the southern end. Only it was in muggy hot September. She did have a great time.

    Love,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete