Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Mountain Meadows Lodge, Killington, Vermont, Jul 2013

I drove up and over here from Concord, New Hampshire. I am at Mountain Meadows Lodge where I am suppose to meet Jim, Goose and All The Way when they arrive here. The Appalachian Trail actually crosses the property a couple of hundred yards from the lodge. Description and photographs of the lodge are contained in my posting  Calvin Coolidge, Continued, 7/17/2013. What a beautiful location. I have about a day and a half to wait and boy is it hot. I went back to the deli that was recommended to me previously and got another one of those fabulous sandwiches. I was sitting in the shade in my favorite spot overlooking the lake and saw Jim, Goose and All The Way coming out of the woods and headed up the hill toward me. They got here roughly 3 hours early. They must have been really pushing it. They were glad to get here. I had already arranged for them to shower in my room. Extra towels had been provided. I guess after a week of sleeping out nightly in your little tent then walking all day, day after day in the heat a nice shower would feel wonderful. After all three of them cleaned up they wanted to eat. Goose had found out about a Chinese buffet in Rutland, Vermont and that is where we header. I had stayed in a motel there and that is where the Applebes is located that I liked. Rutland is about 10 miles from where we were staying. Rutland is a beautiful little town and one that I saw that I would like to live in. Those 3 ate like no tomorrow. I am sure the Chinese place lost money tonight. A couple of doors down was a Walmart and they headed there to replenish some supplies. Then back to Mountain Meadows Lodge where they did their laundry. I had prearranged for them to be able to do that. Goose and All The Way set up their tents in a prearranged location while Jim and I tried to get the one small fan to make it cool enough that we could sleep. The next morning we ate a wonderful breakfast prepared by the lodge. Again Goose and All The Way really put the food away. All The
 Way 's  wife had sent him some supplies to general delivery at the Killington, Vt. post office about a mile from the lodge. We drove up there to get his supplies and they both bought some drinks etc at the deli . Back to the lodge where All The Way backed away his new supplies and they said their goodbye and were off on the trail again.
Jim Taking A Picture Of All The Way Packing His Supplies
All The Way On The Left And Goose On The Right About To Resume 
Their Hike To The End Of The Trail. See Following Photograph
Mount Katahdin, Maine 487 Miles Away Is The End Of The Trail
Birch Arbor Set Up For Wedding Photographs. The Lodge Was A bee Hive Of 
Activity As They Were Preparing For A Big Wedding The Next Day.

Now the bummer part of the trip. Jim and I had planned to Drive down into Mass. to tour the Calvin Coolidge Library and Museum but I had found out that they are closed on Fridays and open to large private tours on Saturday by appointment. Could not figure out how Jim and I could be classed as a large group so we got Lady Blue ready and headed back to West Chester and arrived around 1:00 A. M. or so roughly 13 hours later.

It was a great trip. I saw some beautiful country, learned a lot about our past and especially learned a lot about hiking. Just in case you are wondering I am busy planning my trip in August to drive to California for Granddaughter Nicku's wedding and a lot of sight seeing. Probably my next posting will be around the middle of August or slightly before as I head west.

So until then, remember God Loves you and so do I.

Grandpa Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment