Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Old Out And New In, California, 1/1/14

Happy New Year,

I do not know about you but I feel so blessed to see an old  year go and to see another new year start. There is an old cartoon type picture that show a beaded old character Father Time with his scythe  who is depicting the old year and a new baby in diapers depicting the new year. In essence that is what we have the old has passed on and all we can do is remember the good and bad that occurred in it and to look forward to a new start in the new year with the desire not to make the mistakes we made last year and to live a more Christ centered life. So here we go with the first posting of 2014. Janice and I attended Church service at Nicku and Corey's church this past Sunday and the message included comments on making New Year resolution and the fact that we cannot achieve them in our own power but must rely on God's help and guidance. That is my prayer that God will lead me in the direction he wants me to go and that I will be sensitive to his guidance and follow it.

If you have followed me in my blog postings you are aware of the many wonderful and beautiful things I saw in 2013. You saw the wonderful and beautiful wedding of Corey and Nicku. You saw the blessings of new life in my great grand children. They are so precious. The Lord willing I hope to visit more presidential libraries and museums as well as more of our beautiful American National Parks. At my home I hope to be able to do some remodeling so I can live primarily on the first floor and not have to go up and down the stairs. This will require the conversion of my plant room to a master bed room with an adjoining rest room into a half bath with a walk in shower. Stay tuned to see how this turns out as spring approaches.

Here in California we plan to spend the day welcoming in the new year with watching the Rose Bowl Parade, football, and a lot of food. Corey and Nicku are scheduled to come over and join us. It is another beautiful day here so let me show you what I woke up to this morning.
Good Morning. In Other Parts Of The Country You Might See This And Say Looks Like 
Some Bad Weather Rolling In But Out Here This Is A Promise Of Another Clear And 
Sunny Day.
Beautiful Sunrise. It Looks Like The Sky Is Afire
Beautiful Sunrise
Bami Put Up The New Year Decorations. Hats, Horns, Noise Makers Of Several Kind
Janice Spent Most Of The Afternoon Preparing Several Delicious Food Dishes
More Food
Bami And Janice
Bami And Janice With Their Celebration Hats
Dad And Janice In Their Celebration Hats
Bami Says Happy New Year

Tomorrow I leave California and fly back to Tulsa with a stop in Denver to change  planes  The 3rd of January if all goes as scheduled Jamie and I will drive in Lady Blue to Texas to start our tour of three Presidential Libraries and Museums. We will also spend some time with grand daughter Sara who is working on her masters degree at Texas A & M. This will permit Mom Jamie to spend some time with Sara. Other than Travel up dates I probably will not have any new postings until I get back home.

So until the next  time we talk ( I do consider these postings as us talking ) I wish you the merriest and happy new year and I remind you once again the God loves you and so do I.

Comment:  " Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old is gone, and the new has come. " 2 Corinthians 4: 17. New International Version.

Grandpa Bill


2 comments:

  1. Dad, can't wait to see you tomorrow! Sounds like you've had a great trip and fun New Years celebration!! Love you jamie

    ReplyDelete