Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Herbert Hoover Presidential Library & Museum, 10/18/2014, Post 1

What a wonderful day this has been after what started out to not be such a good day. I mentioned that I was staying in a Travelodge motel last night. They are generally decent and affordable. This one had excellent Internet connection. The surprise came this morning when I went in for the " Free Breakfast ". They only had some cereal and no milk to put on the cereal.They had no fruit. They had two sweet rolls and 1 or 2 muffins. This morning I felt like coffee but they did not have any decaf. I talked to the lady at the front desk and she said " today is my normal grocery shopping day and I have not gone yet ". Mind you  it was 7 AM. I said what am I suppose to do wait until the stores open and you do your shopping? She apologised. I realized I was being way to critical and I also apologised and went into the town of West Branch, Iowa where the Hoover Library and Museum is located. Right next to the museum I found a small breakfast shop that had about 6 larger tables and 2 that only sat 2 people and they were all full except one of the two seaters. Jonathan Blundall & Laura Aierson are the owners and chefs. I asked her if her busy part of the day was about over and she said no the place would remain full thru the noon hour. She said they opened the cafe a few years ago and it has been very successful and it helps they are so close the the historic site and the museum. My day turned around here with a wonderful breakfast. Highly recommend it if you are in the area and they serve other meals than breakfast.

I too over 350 photographs in and around the museum so My coverage of the museum will come after I get back home but suffice it to say this is an excellent museum. For this posting I will show you the place where I ate breakfast and some of the beautiful fall colored trees on the grounds of the historic site.
Reid's Beans, Coffee Shoppe Cafe, Located At 106 East Main Street, West Branch, Iowa
 Overlooking The Grounds From President And Mrs Hoover Grave Site
Fall Colors
Fall Colors
 Fall Colors
Fall Colors


Tonight I am in Belton, Mo in a Comfort Inn which is on I - 49 ( South 71 ) which is in the southern edge of Kansas City, Mo. It looks like it is about 250 miles to Tulsa or about 4 hours drive. I will leave here not later than 6 AM ( unless I oversleep ). Ha and arrive in time to catch up with Steve and Jamie at Southern Hills Baptist church. It has been an excellent day, the weather has been perfect and the traffic has been light..


The Lord willing I will be In Tulsa to attend church with Steve and Jamie tomorrow morning. Please remember what I always say " Remember that God loves you so much that He sent His Son Jesus to live a sinless life and to die on the cross for each of us so that if we will confess our sins and receive him as our Saviour we will live with Him in Heaven for ever " and I also love you.

Grandpa Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment