Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Monday, October 27, 2014

War In West Chester, 10/27/2014

You may think that this is an unusual title but rest assured it is not. Unless you have been living under a rock you know there are all sorts of wars, rumors of wars and skirmish all over the world. Well there was on small one in my very small section of West Chester. after returning from my trip, as usual, there are a lot of things to take care. I picked up the vacation mail. Bought some food. for the next several days. Did some minor final arrangements in my new bedroom. Did some just general cleanup around the house.  Then the fun ( war ) started. The yard needed mowing although my good neighbor had mowed it. There were so many leaves on the yard I could hardly see the grass. I started using the riding mower to kind of herd the leaves all in one general area so I could pick them up and bag them. Well that was the general idea but the wind had a different idea. Just about the time I would get the leaves to the place I wanted them along would come a very strong gust of wind and spread them out more than they were to begin with. I just about used a whole tank of gas trying to carrale those leaves. In the end I had to do a lot more raking than I planned or waned to. Right now there is a cease fire in effect. The wind has died down. It was in the mid 80s today but winter in on the way. Thursday, Friday and Saturday we have hard frost warning and one day is suppose to be 29 degrees out first freeze.

I cut all the leaves off the banana plants and I am going to try and dig them and store them in the basement. That is what my Barber does with his. I have to get Mike, my neighbor, to help me move the large elephant ear into the garage, cut the leaves off and see if it will go dormant until next spring. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

After some foot ball I will be ready for bed.

Remember what I always say.   Remember that God loves you so much that He sent His Son Jesus to live a sinless life and to die on the cross for each of us so that if we will confess our sins and receive him as our Saviour we will live with Him in Heaven for ever " and I also love you.

Grandpa Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment