Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Winter Prepreation, Oct. 29, 2014

Hello Everyone,

Just a short post to let you know that I have been a busy bee the last couple of days, picking up and bagging leaves and just getting ready for winter. I recall as a child the Ringling Bothers and Barner Bailey Circus train would often come by my home as they headed for what they called their winter quarters in Florida. If I was lucky I could go down by the track, which ran through our farm, and I could sometimes get a better look at the cars hauling the cages and the animals. The newspapers would publish the train schedule. Also, it would stop for a few hours in the larger towns so people could come and see the train and animals. If I was really super lucky I would get to go to town and get even a closer look. Well some of my plants are looking for winter quarters since they lost their home as it became my new bedroom. I am trying something new this year in hopes of saving some of my best plants. I dug the banana plants up after cutting off all the leaves and placed the root ball in individual plastic bags and put them in a dark corner in the basement. My prize Thailand giant elephant ear I moved in it's pot into a corner in the garage with the help of my good neighbor, Mike.. I don't think it will freeze. I just hope it survives. Following are a few photographs.

Thailand Giant Elephant Ear Winter Quarters In Garage
Banana Plant Winter Quarters In Basement
The Small Banana Plant In The Back Is One That Came Up After Surviving The Winter. It Came Up From A Root Of A Near By Plant. Each Of The Stakes Are Marking Where I Planted Off Shoots From The Big Plants I Moved Inside. Hope They Survive. If They Do That Will Give Me Eight New Plants. My Banana Fram Is Growing.
 The Buck Deer Are Really Tearing Up My Evergreens Tree as As They Rub Their Antlers.
 I Would Have Loved To Have Seen This Since This Tree Had It's Christmas Light On It From Last Year And They Were Partly Pulled Off The Tree And Laying On The Ground. I Guess He Got The Lights Hung Up On His Antlers.
This Is What Remains Of A Six Foot Pine. It Was Broken In Two Places And Pulled Out Of The Ground. The Small Trunk Showed Signs Of A Deer Rubbing His Antlers On It. Can't Figure Out How He Broke The Trunk Of The Tree And Pulled It Out Of The Ground. This Was One Of My Favorite Tree. It Grows With A Crooked Trunk In Several Places.



Remember what I always say.   Remember that God loves you so much that He sent His Son Jesus to live a sinless life and to die on the cross for each of us so that if we will confess our sins and receive him as our Saviour we will live with Him in Heaven for ever " and I also love you.

Grandpa Bill




No comments:

Post a Comment