Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Home again, May 20, 2013

I had a great trip, some good weather and some bad;  had some good visits to historic site and some not so great. Out of my travel the last 2 years I have only see 2 locations that I was major disappointed with and one was on this trip and I will probably detail it in the future. I cut my trip short by a couple of days because of the weather and because of the crowded conditional at the tourist sites . Concerning the weather kept getting wet going from place to place and I seem to be just keeping ahead of the severe weather that was happening in Oklahoma. The first big storm that hit Oklahoma left Oklahoma and followed the jet stream in a big curve north west then turning east. I was south of it as it went toward Minnesota and Chicago. The next storm that devastated More, Oklahoma followed almost  the exact same curve path but was just a little more south than the first storm. Again I was just south of this path. In both of these instances there were tornadoes all along this path but you were not hearing about it because of the much more devastating nature of the storms in Oklahoma. My brother in northwest Arkansas was attending his grandson's ( Landon ) graduation ceremony from Kinder garden when the warning sirens went off and they had to head to the safe area in the school area. They said that will be one graduation ceremony they will not forget. As I watched the weather patterns on the weather channel they were showing tornado action heading into northwest Arkansas and eventually into Kentucky and another storm heading toward Joplin and Springfield, Missouri. I decided I was tired of trying to stay ahead of this thing and headed home this morning.

One of the wonderful things about coming home this time of year from a long trip is to see how things have grown and bloomed. I will show you a few items.
Don't Know The Name But Most Beautiful 
Blooms Ever
Red Knock Out Rose Going Wild Growth Wise
White Iris
Blue & White Iris
Dark Purple Iris
Yellow Rose Opening Up
White Knock Out Rose
Rose Knock Out Rose
Blue Clematis

If the rest of my knock out roses grow like the one in front of the house then there will be some beautiful bushes of roses. I hope this weekend to rent a truck and buy my flowers for planting outside. I plan to plant rose or red wax leaf begonia out front, some new Boston ferns, a variety of blooming hanging baskets and 3 or 4 of other flowering bushes.

Will close now. Remember God loves you and I love you also./

Grandpa Bill


3 comments:

  1. Oh the flowers are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're home safe! All the flowers look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dad,

    So glad you are home safe and sound! It is always great to come home and see how things have grown and to crawl into your own bed! I know it is very hard to enjoy site seeing when your eyes and ears are turned always to the weather! I think Lady Blue's feet need a rest, her tires are steaming!
    Love,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete