Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Tulsa, May 9,2013

Just a short posting to say I got to Tulsa, OK in good shape. I left home at 5:00 A. M.  and arrived Tulsa around 4: 30 P. M. There was considerable fog for the first 50 or so miles then that lifted and it was clear. I could see a beautiful sunrise in my rear view mirror but could not find a place to pull off the road to take a photograph. It was evident the folks across western Indiana and all of Illinois have had a lot of rain. Many of the fields had been plowed and ready for planting or may have already been planted but were
several inches of water and it appeared they had been for several days. When I came by St Louis the low areas along the Mississippi river were under water from the recent flooding. I had fond memories as I drove by Si Louis and could see the arch and recalled my ride up  inside it to the observation deck. I had to drive through some rain for about 100 miles but other than that it was clear all the way.

Jamie had a wonderful meal. She fixed the spaghetti dinner, broccoli cold slaw and a cake. All of these items were specialities that Jan used to make. Delicious. Jamie helped me on some computer problems I have been
having then off to bed as i was one tired puppy. I had a very restful sleep until about 3 A. M. this morning when a thunderstorm moved through
the area with wind, rain and loud claps of thunder. Sorry no photos. Next photos will probably be of Sara's graduation.

Before I left I got the yard mowed and with the help of Tom, Mike and
Lisa I got all the plants moved out side. The elephant ears seem to really
be perking up now they are outside and getting sunshine and rain.

That's all for now. As always remember God loves you and so do I.

Grandpa Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment