Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Travel Update, May 19, 2013

Tonight I am staying in a Drury Inn in Springfield, Illinois. Today has been a wonderful and unusual day. Had a good hot breakfast where I spent the night and it started raining as I left to tour the home site of President Ulysses S Grant which was about a half mile from the motel. By the time I got to the Grant house it was pouring and I got soaked getting into the house. Very interesting place which I will discuss when I post on that visit. When I got back out side the rain had stopped and it started getting warm and the wind blowing. By the time I got to Eureka, Illinois it was 3 in the after noon and the Regan Museum was closed. Normally it is open on Sunday when school is in session but school just finished last week. So back into the car and headed for Petersburg, Illinois for Abraham Lincoln State Historical site and by the time I got there it was closed. So I came on to Springfield, Illinois to find a Best Western Motel to spend the night. Just in front of me were 40 or so motorcycles and you guessed it they pulled into the Best Western and I did not want any of that so I found the Drury Inn where I am spending the night. They serve a free evening meal and hot breakfast. Plans for tomorrow are to go back to see the Regan Museum then back to see a lot of Lincoln places in and around Springfield.
Will close and go get something to eat. I am hungry

Love you. Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment