Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Shawnee Mission, Kansas May 17, 2013

After leaving the Truman Birth place in Lamar, Missouri I headed north toward Kansas City, Missouri to find the Shawnee Mission, Kansas North West High School where Patricia and Jamie attended and graduated. I find it interesting and frustrating at the same time when traveling through areas where I have lived because all the new road by pass places I knew and nothing looks the same. As I approached south of Kansas City however, the road was basically the same as I knew it and things looked familiar. When I got into Kansas and headed toward Shawnee Mission I started recognizing street names but I could not recall exactly where they led to. The old GPS unit took me right to the school and boy has it changed. Bigger and Bigger as the following photographs show.
 
Shawnee Mission North West High School
Cougars Was The Name Of The Sports Teams
Building Is So Big I Could Not Get It All In The Frame
New Modern Track. Old One Was Cinder
 
After leaving the high school I headed for Kansas City and Independence, Missouri.
 

Approaching Kansas City In A Traffic Jam. K. C.
Skyline Is In The Fore Ground
 
Next posting will be about the Harry S. Truman Library and Museum. As always remember God love you and so do I.
 
Grandpa Bill
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment