Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Friday, October 4, 2013

Preparing for winter, Oct 4, 2013

I am working on the final Mesa Verde posting but the fall season won't let me stay on it. Trying to get the yard ready for a long sleep this winter. I have spent much of the last 2 days cleaning the plant room mopping the floor etc. Today Michael came over and help me move the banana plants, elephant ears and a couple of other things into the plant room. That biggest elephant ear just about got the best of us. I am having real doubts whether it will survive because it is so tall it wont get enough light even with the lights I have in the plant room. Well if it doesn't its baby which is about 5 feet tall can take it's place.

It is hard to realize that cool weather is just around the corner with the hot weather we are having. The last several days have been in the low to mid 80's with high humidity. The forecast is for a few more days of heat with higher humidity and lots of rain feed with the moisture from the tropical storm currently in the Gulf of Mexico. The storms that are in Nebraska and that area are due here Sunday night so I am glad to get my stuff moved inside. Perhaps the snow that is in Denver can't be to far in the future.

I changed to decoration on the front door and put new fall flowers on Mom's grave. They look good. I also put the new fall decorations out in front of the house as you will see in the following photos. The last few days have been kind of melancholy for me as it seemed that every thing I did brought back special memories of Mom and some times that gets the best of me. I miss her so much but I know for sure better days are coming someday and we will be together again.
Bale Of Straw, Pumpkins, Gourds, Shock Of Corn, Mums, Humming Bird Feeder 
And Flowering Cabbage And Kale
Different View And The Begonias Are Still Beautiful. They Will Be The Plant Of Choice Next Spring.

I am having great fun watching my two humming birds as they continue to chase each other off the feeder.  These birds I have are young and I don't know when they will be big enough to fly south but they are feeding enough to grow fast. Also, I will be watching closely to see when the other birds or squirrels find that the shock of corn actually has a dozen or so full ears of corn on it. When they discover that the fun and activity will pick up.

Well it is time to think about going to bed so remember that God loves you and so do I.

Grandpa Bill

1 comment:

  1. Wow, dad looks so pretty, I still need to do mine. Love you,Jamie

    ReplyDelete