Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fathers Day

Happy Fathers Day to all you fathers. As some of you know daughter Joyce from Long Island New York dropped in unsuspectingly by me as a surprise Fathers Day present. I appreciated this more than words can express. We all appreciate our dad even though many of us no longer have them with us.

Joyce and I spent much of the day pulling weeds and fixing broken or leaking lawn sprinkler fixtures. Later daughter  Patricia from here in town and granddaughter Lisa came over. We went shopping for flowers to make new decorations to place on Jan's grave. The girls did a marvelous job and made 3 beautiful arrangements which Joyce & I later in the day placed on the headstone..

I was pleased to have Joyce accompany me to Bible Study and church this morning. I got up at my normal early hours, made coffee, read the paper and happen to look out the window and there was momma deer having breakfast at one of my bird feeders. I quickly grabbed the camer and took a few photos after a while she walked over to one of my apple trees and started helping herself so I stepped out side to stop her. Bird seed OK fruit trees NO. She stood and looked at me for a while and decided I was not going to leave so she jumped over the fence in to a neighbors yard. I watched for awhile because I have seen her ( them ) wait until I come back inside and back over the fence they come to finish their meal on a fruit tree.



I Think I Hear Something





Deer Having Breakfast on Bird Seed


All I Wanted Was a Bite of Apple Leaves




Floral Arrangements Made By Joyce, Lisa and Pat

 


Floral Arrangements on Jan's Gravestone

Joyce has been busy cooking since we got home from church. Don't want to make you hungry but
Lasagna, garlic bread, salad, watermelon, cantaloupe and chocolate pie. It pays to have a daughter that married into an old fashioned Italian family. One meal won't ruin my healthy heart eating plan will it? Oh well, I always say it is easier to ask forgiveness that permission.


No comments:

Post a Comment