Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday, June 29, 2012

I started out early with a pretty heavy workout at Fit Work at about 7 AM. I wanted to finish my outside things and get into the air conditioning. Today has sure been a mix of  very different  weather systems. Yes, it started out as another 100 degree day with high humidity with vitrually no hope for cooling off or any rain in sight. The weather people did say there was a system developing toward Chicago with virtually no hope of it helping us here in southwest Ohio. By mid afternoon weather alerts started airing and warnings of very severe weather with extremely high straight line winds. The system was moving in our direction at a speed of 65 miles per hour.  Boy did the weather change. The system came through and behind it the temperatures dropped to below 70 degree. Lots of rain. Several of my potted ferns and tomatoes were blown off their tables/stands. Lost a lot of green tomatoes about 2 inch in diameter. Right now the sun is starting to come out again so I suspect the temp will start to rise along with the humidity. TV is reporting power outage for over 100,000 people. They are showing a lot of downed trees and power lines. Trees down on cars, houses and power lines. Nothing serious around my neighborhood that I have seen.

The air conditioning people came to do their regular tune up of the system. Earlier in the week they had been here to replace a valve on the unit inside the house. You know that crew could not do the tune up they only install parts.  This new crew was doing a tune up. Basically the system was working pretty well but there were a few things that needed fixing. Of course with any fixes there is a cost but fortunately since I have the maintenance contract I get the parts at half price. That helps a little I think.

I guess I forgot to update you on my visit to the cardiologist earlier in the week. Every thing is fine except my HDL ( good choleosterol ) is not high enough so he doubled my dosage of Niaspan. This is the medicine with one side effect that it often makes your face flush and your skin crawl or itch if you don't take it with a good snack or meal. I have pretty well learned how to take it without a lot of trouble. He also told me to discontinue Plavix. Good one less pill to take.

Well no posting would be complete without reporting on my favorite deer. Sure enough she was in the yard again at 5:30 this morning. As usual I went out to check her out and she was not concerned with what I was doing. I did not bother her until she walked over and started munching on a flowering shrub. I started walking a little faster toward her and she would look to see where I was and grab another mouth full of shrub. It looked like she was grabing as much as she could before she had to jump the fence. I know it is not logical to assign human behavior to animal actions but after watching her for several weeks these are the preceptions I get. She finally decided I was getting to close so over the fence she jumped. I came back inside and immediately looked out and she was back munching on the shrub I had just stoped her from eating. This time I stayed out there a while longer and she did not return. My next door neighbor said he has noticed places down in the gully behind his house that look like the deer has been sleeping there. Why not. Near by to good food and water source and occasioal fruit for dessert. Well I can look at the bright side of this saga and that is that some handsome buck will come by and sweep her off her feet and she will come back next year with twin fawns. That has happened in the past. That will make for a lot of new photographs.

Well I guess that is all for today. Remember I love you all and pray for you every day. Grandpa Bill.

1 comment:

  1. Crazy weather, guess I should have checked here first before emailing about the storms! I am so glad your cardio went well! I will try to call in next couple days. Love you lots I pray for you everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete