Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Good morning on a new hot West Chester day. Foercast to be 101 degrees but low humidity. Will have to wait and see. I am waiting for the air conditioning guys to come and do their regular check on the AC system The new part that was installed the other day seems to be working fine and the house is cool. Thermostat is set at 76 degree. With a few fans running that is comfortable. Have to go buy a few more fitings to complete the work on the sprinkler system but that can wait until a little cooler weather. My deer friend is becoming a regular in the yard it seems. She is here at least every other day between 5 and 6 AM. I don't bother her until she starets munching on the fruit trees and that is a no no. I sat here in my easy chair this morning and watched her make her way up the street taking her good old easy time. She would cross the street from one yard to the opposite one. I guess she would hear a dog bark or an door open so she would cross the street. In each yard she appeared to be munching on shrubs and flowers. By the time she got to my yard she was pretty skidish. I went out to see where she was and she ran away. That is the first time she has run from me. I came back in the house and looked out a few minutes later and she had circled around and entered the yard from a different direction. I watched her for several minutes while I was out in the yard. She helped herself to bird seed on the ground and then went and ate a few  pears that were on the ground. That was not enough so she reached up and took one from the tree. Remember that is a no no so I walked toward he and she jumped over the fence. Have not seen her again. The day before yesterday I turned on one of the sprinkler heads where she was standing. When she heard the water start coming into the sprinkler head she jumped away but walked back until the head poped up and got her wet and she did not seem to appreciate that so she jumped the fence. I have sprinkler heads near all the fruit trees so I
can us that weapon against her.  Of course if she comes at night I have no defense unless she come when the sprinkler system is running.


Morning Visitor

I keep trying to get a photo of her so the sun will make her eye lashes show up. They appear to be several inches long. Will just keep trying. Anyway deer you can have the pears and apples that are on the ground but not on the trees.

Mike and I both got hair cuts yesterday afternoon and then went to a newer resturant here in West Chester I have been wanting to try out. It is the Sultans, Mediterranen Cuisine. Food was pretty good, expensive but good. Will have to try it again. Love all of you very much. Grandpa Bill.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy! Well we are are going on like day 6 or 7 of 103+ temps, and we do have the awful humidity! Really unbearable out. Hope it dips down over the weekend. You definitely need to only get out there in the morning. Good thing you're an early riser. Love the deer. Amazing how tame they can be. The fact he even gets to a neighborhood is amazing to me. Will gets home tomorrow, can't wait. Love you so much. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete