Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Saturday, Day 21, June 2, 2012

Good evening from West Yellowstone, Montana. Weather wise it has been a weird day. It rained most of the morning and was bright and sunny all afternoon. Just as I arrived at the motel it started raining real hard, small hail and a good thunder storm that lasted a good hour.

I got an early start and entered the park at 6:30 and it was 36 degrees. As I drove into the park there were a lot of buffalos on the road. No big delays. At a place called the Terrace Springs there was a lot of frost on the board walkway and it was slick. I love to hear the water. In the larger pool you could hear the water bubbling and splashing. The park had a major fire in 1988 but it has made a very good recovery with good growth of various pines.

Evidence of fire


Little Mud Vents


Steep Steps Down From Artist Paint Pots Viewing


Buffalo Droppings High on Hill by Mud Pot


Always Something to Photograph


Gibbons Falls on Gibbons River


Bears in Meadow


Bear Digging in Meadow


This is The Third Bear


Tower Falls


Grand Canyon Area of Yellowstone


Mammoth Hot Springs


Dormant Sctions of Mammoth Hot Springs


Another Water Fall


Powerful Water Below Waterfall


One More Look at Old Faithful

There is a section of Yellowstone National Park that is known as the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. It has steep canyon wall and a swift river with rapids and waterfalls. Beautiful but you cant see much of it. The Mammoth Hot Springs must have been spectacular years ago.

I plan to leave the park tomorrow morning around noon. I have seen every main road and every side road that is not closed except one section and I drive through it on the way out of the park. This means I have stopped at every viewing place that is available to see. This has been a marvelous experience I will cherish forever.  I don't know where I will be tomorrow night except that it will be between here and Mt Rushmore. Hows that for being precise. Good night and I love you all. Grandpa Bill.


No comments:

Post a Comment