Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 2, Monday, May 14, 2012

I am awake at 4:30 AM having spent a very comfortable night in the Drury Hotel. I need to tell you that I was very pleased with the outcome and winner of the Survivor show on TV. Stayed awake enjoyed some hotel pop corn. Used the hotel exercise room and did my daily work out which consisted of stretching, for 10 Minutes, recumbent bike for about 20 minutes, and 20 minutes on the tread mill followed by roughly 10 minutes cool down and more stretching. This was followed by a very good breakfast which is free at the hotel. Also the evening meal which was very nice was also free.

Around 8:00 AM I pointed Lady Blue in a westerly direction and headed for North West Arkansas where my brother James lives in Johnson, Arkansas. We enjoyed some recollection of memories which often did not match with each other. But it was fun. In the afternoon My brothers grandson Landon came home from his kids day out school and I presented him with the Noah's Ark which I made for him. He is 4/5 years old so we had a discussion of why Noah built the Ark  and what all was in the Ark. It soon was apparent that he had a good grasp of the Noah's Ark biblical story. I then presented him with about 40 or 50 animals of all shorts and we had great fun figuring out what each animal was the sounds they made and getting them in the Ark.  I have made many of these Arks for sale and had an extensive supply of animals. Needless to say he was pleased with his Ark.

The day before I left home on this journey I purchased a new Droid Razr phone which will turn out to be much better than my Blackberry but never the less will just continue my behind the learning curve when it comes to high tech equipment. I was driving and the music stopped on the Sirius XM and I realized a phone was ringing. Finally, I found the answer button on the steering wheel and found it was my daughter Patricia having the honor of the first blue tooth call to Lady Blue. The connection was very good and sound was clear.

Observations of interest to me were the fact that the price of regular gasoline at almost all stations in N. W. Arkansas was $3.36 or $3.37 per gallon. That is sticker shock of the reverse kind after the $ 3.85 and up in Ohio.

Tonight we went Landen's graduation. The little kids are so adorable and lovable. If only they would stay that way. Ha Ha.
Landen receives his diploma


This is a delayed because of no Internet connection at my brothers home.


2 comments:

  1. The ark brings back so many great memories of the one you made for us. Hope your Droid is working well; I know mom and I spent a long time working out the kinks with ours but it worked out well in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa with that work out you better watch out your fit to go back in the service :) love the pictures keep them coming if possible
    Charles

    ReplyDelete