Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Saturday, Day 7 May 19, 2012

Good evening from Gallup, New Mexico. This is going to be short and sweet tonight. I am tied and it is 9:30 mountain time here and just checked into a Hampton Inn. I left Jamie's at 6 A M after a restful night. The route from Tulsa through Oklahoma City to Amarillo, Texas is flat farm land with miles and miles of fields of grain some ready for harvest and other where the grain has been cut and rolled into hugh bales. I did eat at the Bar B Que place and it looked the same inside and out but they said they opened in 1982 so I am not sure when I ate there the last time. I should not but I am going to whet you appetite a little. I had the combination plate which consisted of pulled pork, pork, beef, potato salad, slaw, onion rings, pinto beans, Texas toast, pickles and onions and it was delicious. It was 89 degrees in Amarillo.

I did not get as far as I wanted to today. Somewhere before Laguna, New Mexico all west bound traffic was stopped. We sat in one spot over 40 minutes. after the traffic started moving again it another 50 miles or so to work through the trucks. The traffic in New Mexico is extremely heavy and there seems to be 5 trucks for every car but the traffic moves at the 75 MPH speed limit.

Hope to go through the Petrified Forrest tomorrow and have a lot of photographs. I have got to get to bed. Good night from Gallup, New Mexico.

2 comments:

  1. BBQ-yummy! Can't wait to hear about forest. Hate that traffic was bad, just one of those thongs you cannot factor in. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dad sounds like you got some good eats in Texas Hope tomorrow s driving is better. Don't forget to look for the lunar eclipse like Charles was talking about. Sounds like you are off on a great adventure so far. Keep blogging I love hearing about your trip. Love you

    ReplyDelete