Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 6, Friday May 18, 2012

Still in Tulsa at Jamie's house and this will be my last day before I see another friendly face until May 25 at the wedding site. I had another very restful night. I am using Sara's bedroom since she is away at college. She has a very comfortable bed. I am continueing to catch up on the blog. As a matter of fact this post does catch me up to where I should be. We  went to Sonic for a cheeseburger and a choclate malt for lunch. OH so good. Don't tell my cardiologist. A few years ago we got our first Sonic where I live but overall the food is just not as good as it is here in Tulsa. I will have to workout extra hard because of that meal. In addition we are still eating the chocolate pie that Connie brought to us at the resturant yesterday.

In additional to the train set and airplane motors there was an old Sears reel tape recorder that was retrieved from the storm celler at our parents home. Now that tape recorder really has some history. I was at Yale University for a 12 month intensive study of the Japanese language at the Foreign Language Institute preparing for reassignment to Japan. Now we had no idea what English language entertainment would be be available to us. Jan and the four girls dearly loved the Lawrence Welk show which featured the Lennon sisters. Jan referred to our girls as her Lennon sisters. Anyway I recorded every Welk show for an entire year. We got to Japan and found there were all kinds of TV shows in English so I dont think we ever played a one of the songs we taped. So the old tape recorder, boxes of photograps and suit case full of similar items will be left at Jamies and will be picked up on my return trip. Jamie has a beautiful home that is comfortably furnished with a lovely yard. The backyard is especially comfortable. I referred above that Sara is away at college well she just walked in the door having finished her final exams and the semester is over. She has graciously indicated I can continue to use her room for my final night in Tulsa. So this will be all from Tulsa and I hope you next hear from me near Tucumcari, New Mexico.
Watkins' back yard



2 comments:

  1. Ok Sounds like Jamie got you Up to date with the blog so I will be looking forward to tomorrow s blog. Let's see if she was s good teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great planning I went up to aunt Jamie's and the accomodations were great :) enjoy the ride to NM. Not sure where you will be on sunday but there will be a solar ecips whose path will go from N California to W texas. It is an annual solar eclipse but this article I am reading says its the first one visible in the US in the past 18 years it will be happening around 5-7 PM depending where you are at and what time zone, it might also coincide with sunset which would be pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete