Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Oct. 12, 2012, Baldwin, NY, Friday

Good afternoon from Baldwin, New York enjoying sharing the floor with Layla. Now for those who might not know Layla is a big white boxer who likes to be under your feet where ever you happen to be. Very friendly dog. I left East Hartford, CT at about 7 A. M. heading for Cheshire, CT looking for the place where we lived while I was in Japanese Language school at Yale University. Sound nice Yale University. But in the interest of correctness it was the Far East Language Institute on the Yale University campus. Doesn't appear so stuffy that way. OK here we go. Cheshire, CT. Found it. I am sure this welcome sign was not here in 1961 and 1962 when I was here.
 
 
Welcome To Cheshire
 
 
 
 Door on Right Is 212 Jill
 

Apartment Complex At Jill
 
If your computer will let you enlarge the photos in the blog you can see the 212 for the apartment number. This is a dead end street. Where the cars are parked on the right of the trees that area was all grass where the kids played. I have very unsettling feelings about our time here. Jan became very sick which eventually was treated as pneumonia. Since we were in the area temporarily we did not have a doctor and none of the local doctors would see her. We were roughly 90 miles from Westover Air Force Base so we could not get her there. After much pleading one doctor agreed to phone in a prescription for her but said he did not want anymore to do with " us ". I think this was the only time in my life I have ever been scared to death. I was scared I was going to loose her at that time. I had to miss a couple of days school in connection with a weekend and thank the Lord she began to mend.
 
Joyce said the base ballgame is coming on and I want to watch it so I will say goodnight at 5:25 P. M. and I love you.
 
Grandpa Bill
 

 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment