Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tuesday, Oct 9, 2012, Randolph, MA

Greetings from Randolph, MA. Tonight I am in a Comfort Inn in Randolph, MA. It has been a vary wierd day and a disappointing day to say the least. Upon arriving in Portland, ME I started trying to find the Convention and Visitor Bureau and my trusty Tom Tom could not find it. Parking is at a premium here and expensive. I asked a number of people and none of them knew where it is located. While looking around I noticed a very large cruise ship was in the port so I went closer to that to get a good look at the ship. One block up from the ship was the visitor bureau. I had asked a person who was control entry in the parking lot next to the visitor bureau and that person did not know where it was located. In fact I had one time turned around in the parking lot of the center and did not see it. Only one 2 Ft by 2 Ft sign telling what was located in the building. After getting the walking tour information I wanted I started trying to find a parking garage or lot where I could park all day. They were all full or only permitted parking by permit. Finally I found one kind of out of the way but that is why they had space. I decided to do the Wadsworth/ Long Fellow House tour first. Again after much difficulty I found it. It is controlled by the Maine Historical Society and that is where it is located even though it has an address itself. I had to wait 45 Minutes for the next tour. While I was waiting I asked the clerk in the Maine Historical Society book store where you buy your tour ticket if they have a stamp for the passport book. This is a National Historical Site and most such sites don't have the stamps but some do. He said " no we don't fool with that ". I thanked him but just casually mention that some site that do have a stamp  but keep it is a drawer rather than out in the open. He opened a drawer on his desk and there was in deed a stamp. He looked at it and said it justs has a picture of the house. Well Duh. Well now the problem is there was no stamp pad to ink the stamp. So I guess I will have to put my admission sticker in the passport book. The tour was very interesting and perhaps tomorrow night I may elaporate on some information. When I came out of the tour it was raining very hard so I had to scrap all of the walking tour I had planned. At this point I was 20 to 25 blocks from the parking garage. When I got it the garage I was soaked and not a happy camper. I went back to my motel and told them I would not be staying the second night. They were not happy since it was past the time to tell them. I said do what you have to do I just want to get out of this town and get on the road again. They closed out the account with no additional charge.

So I hit the road for Boston and drove for some distant in a heavy rain before I finally ran out of it. When I got to the Boston area I was unable to find a room where I had thought about staying so I decided to bypass Boston all together and head on south. No photos was permitted in the Longfellow house and because of the rain I only have one photograph tonight. I can't get the photo of the big cruise ship to come up. Next to where I ate tonight was a fairly small building that had this extremely large light fixture in its entry way.

 
I Would Not Want To Clean This Thing
 
I have to decide exactly where I will go tomorrow. I may be a couple of days ahead of schedule by bypassing Boston. Will try to have something more interesting on the next post. Good night and I love you.
 
Grandpa Bill


No comments:

Post a Comment