Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday. Oct. 7, 2012, Bar Harbor, Maine ( Added )

OK I am back and everything seem to be working now. Earlier I talked about eating at this place. While eating I could hear a bag pipe playing.
I ask the waitress and she said this man dressed in a black tux plays an hour every Saturday night. By the time I finished eating he had departed. I wanted a picture of him. I think I said earlier that most eating places etc will close this weekend since this ends the tourist season.


Where I Ate


On The Point Of This Rock Formation Is Where
The Bag Pipe Player Stands
 
As I made notes today I was sitting on a park bench by the bay enjoying the warm sun beating down on me, listening to the sea gulls and watching small boats ferry passengers from the cruise ships to the dock.
 
 

 
Cruise Ship

 
The Other Two Cruise Ships
 

Passengers From Cruise Ship Unloading At Dock


Schooner Ship Getting Ready To Take People Out

I spent a lot of time walking around Bar Harbor today and I am telling you it was so crowded I could not hardly get around. The streets are narrow, the side walks cluttered with signs and merchandise and rough uneven side walks which adds to the difficulty. I was amazed at the number of handicap people were there. People with wheel cars, walkers,  a cane in each hands.
 
I was getting tired and needed a pick me up. I noticed that there are several ice cream shops in town so I went into the one closest to me. I got a vanilla and blue berry twist. The gal asked me if I needed anything else and I said well some good hot chocolate would be good. We have that she said. I soon realized that all the ice cream shops sold all sorts of coffee as well as ice cream Boy it was good. While I was sitting outside the shop  I heard and saw something that reminded me of Peanut ( Nicku's dog ). A carriage ride came down the street with it's two very large black horses. They were beautiful. Their horse shoe were click click down the street and all of a sudden two feisty little dogs decided those horses didn't below on the street and they voiced their displeasure. Well the horses did not seem to even notice the little dogs. The poor lady who had the dogs on lease seemed embarrassed by the performance of her dogs. Imagine if you can you are in the midst of hundreds of people on the street and all of a sudden these little dogs start howling and barking. Oh well it doesn't take much to amuse me especially when I am in the midst of ice cream and hot chocolate.
 
One more observation about people. While I was at the dock watching the people get off the smaller boats who ferried them to the dock. As they passed where I was standing I noticed a number of the older ladies complaining. One said " there is nothing here ". Another said " where do we go ". " There is no one here to meet us ". One looking in the first store window she came to said " everything is so expensive ". I guess if you can afford to travel on one of these cruise ship you can complain all you want.
 
Near where I was eating my ice cream was a very nice Christmas shop. A man and women walked by and she said Oh I want to go in this Christmas Shop. He mumbled and complained and told her " Yea, Yea  I am not going in. Well go ahead I will wait out here on the street. His actions toward her just hit me wrong as does every comment of this type that men make to their wives. Maybe it won't make any difference to them if their wives are not around anymore.
 
Well I think I am caught up and The Race Around The World is coming on and I have to watch it.
 
Good night and I love you.
 
Grandpa Diven

 


 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment