Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Friday, August 16, 2013

Mesa Verdes, Cortez, CO., 8/16/2013

Enjoyed a continental breakfast at the Ramada Inn Limited in Durango, CO. The drive up to Cortez, CO. where MesaVedes is located a few miles east of Cortez which has an elevation of 6,201 ft. I first found a motel Best Western Turquoise and Suites to stay in for the night then went on to Mesa Verdes and the first stop was the welcome center.


What an awesome day. Such beauty and to learn about how the native Americans lived in that day and time and in such unbelievable conditions and homes and the location of their homes. I am tired tonight. I have no idea how many miles I walked today and it was really hot. This morning I started out in 51 degree weather and most of the afternoon it was 95 degrees. When I got back to the motel at about 7:30 or so tonight it was still 85 degrees. So I think you will just get a short travel statue report that I am O.K. and doing fine. Tomorrow morning I head Moab, Utah were I have reservation for the next two nights.

Concerning Mesa Verdes I will say it will take several posting to cover everything I want to say and show you. If I don't forget I will title those postings as Mesa Verdes # 1, # 2 and so forth. So I may not get to them until I am at Janice's place.

In the mean time don't forget that God loves you and so do I.

Grandpa Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment