Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Post trip activity, West Chester, 9/21/2013

No,I have not forgotten how to blog I have just been busy besides I have a few blog posting at various stages of completion doesn't that count Oh, Well I will  get there sooner or later. Priorities,
 Yes older retired people have priorities at least I do. Several things outside were screaming to be fixed.
First was a gate post that had rotted off at ground level. You may recall the posting of Mike and Lisa helping to dig the holes for the new rose trellis I was putting in well this fence post is right next to that trellis. If you remember the kids were trying to dig around several large rocks. So I found the cousins to those rocks right where I had to dig to get this post out of the ground. For those who have not had the thrill of having to remove a post that has rotted off at ground level in West Chester let me tell you it is a 2 day project. First off the ground is nothing but wet clay which created a vacuum that holds the post down in the hole. To get around this you have to dig the post out of the ground. Meet the rock cousins. Several I was able to dig out but one other is still there staking its claim to the spot it  occupies so I just dug around it. Short story the new post is in place and I just need to drill the holes for the slide bar that holds the gate closed and put the wire fence back up. I now have 2 fence posts that have rotten off so that is next weeks project.

The flowers around my new fountain pool are beautiful. Some of the strictly summer types are going fast and that is to be expected. I have not had the amount of water flow in the fountain I wanted so I put in a new larger pump and it is working beautifully.It also did a number on my legs and I have some sore muscles. It is amazing I work out 6 days a weeks at the fitness center. I guess I am using a different set of muscles.

You know when Jan & I had the larger pool I always put some tad poles in to watch them turn into frogs. Normally if I put in a dozen I might have 2 or 3 survive and become frogs. This year I set a record. I put in 8 and now have 7 small frogs. I have not been able to get  them to line up for a photograph so you will just have to look at individual ones. They are pretty tame now and don't jump in when I feed the fish which are growing nicely.
Fountain With No Water Flowing
Hello There My Name Is Greene
I'm Watching you
I'm Turning My Back On You. I Think This Was The Latest To Turn To A Frog
OK I'm About To Jump. You Are Getting To Close. Notice The Little Black Bugs On The Lettuce Plants
I'm Watching You
Just Relaxing In West Chester
A Gold Fish Swims By. It Is Fun To Watch Frogs When A Fish Bump Into One Of The Lilly Leaf Stems And Shakes The Leaf Where A Frog Is Sitting
Fountain With New Water Flow. Much Better. Isn't That Beautiful
The Giant Elephant Ears In The Background Are Over 10 Feet Tall And The Babies On The Front Right Are Two Years Old And Growing Nicely. Not Bragging. I'm Just Saying There Is Something In  the Air Here In West Chester.

All the other wild life in the back yard seems to be thriving. The birds and eating me out of house and home along with the deers and squirrels. I have noticed the skunks have been digging for grubs in the yard and the raccoons have started to make an appearance. They really tear up the bird feeders.

Must close for now and get back to work on other postings.

In the NIV version of the Bible Proverbs Chapter 3 verse 5 and 6 read as follows::
" Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your path straight. "

Remember God loves you and so do I.

Grandpa Bill

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your fountain looks so pretty!!! I love it! Gotta name all those frogs now. I'll help, haha, Kermit, Kiwi, Green Giant, Hulk...you get the idea ;)

    ReplyDelete