Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Travel Update, Cedar City, Utah, Sep., 6, 2013

Good evening everyone. I am coming to you tonight from the Best Western El Ray Inn & Suites in Cedar City, Utah considerably north of Las Vegas This is north of Zion National Park area. As I suspected I woke up at 4:00 A. M. this morning had my breakfast smoothie and left Janice's at 4:45 A. M. We said our goodbyes last night. I had a marvelous visit and Nicku's wedding was beautiful. I always enjoy driving through the valley in California where they grow so much fruit and all kinds of nuts. They are harvesting tomatoes, potatoes and various nuts right now. On the road you see trailer after trailer of these items headed to processing plants. At some of the processing plants you can see mounds of nuts as high as a two story building piled on the ground. The drive today was pleasant. The drive across the Mojave dessert was warm as the temperature ranged from 101 to 105. I ate lunch in Las Vegas. North of Las Vegas where you hit the mountains there is a gorge which the road goes through that has some of the most spectacular views I have ever seen. Unfortunately the road is so narrow that there are no pull points so you can take a photograph. I did not feel brave enough to stop in the middle of the road as traffic was pretty heavy. I need to go get something to eat then hit the sack. As most of you know I am sure when you travel east from out here you loose an hour every time you cross a time zone. So as I always say remember God Loves you and so do I.

Grandpa Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment