Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (New International Version-NIV)

Truly Gods vast creation, landscape, wildlife and man is beautiful beyond description.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Travel Update, Newton, Kansas, Sep. 8, 2013

Hello everyone. Tonight I am staying in a Best Western, Red Coach Inn in Newton, Kansas just a few miles north of Hutchinson, Kansas. Today I toured the Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum, his home, the Chapel where he is buried and the grounds. The overall set up is very attractive.

It has been a scorcher of a day. Very early this morning it was 85 degree and just continued to climb.  By the time I got to Abilene, KS where the museum and library are located it was around 101. When I came out to the car which was parked in the sun the car registered 114 degrees. After I started driving to get where I am spending the night it had gone down to a comfortable 105 at 6:00 P. M.

Tomorrow I hope to tour the Cosmosphere and Space Center and the brochure suggest 2 - 4 hours to see it. Also there is an active salt mine that is 650 feet under ground I may tour it also but I don't know how long that takes. When I am finished I will head to Jamie's in Tulsa. After posting this I checked the salt mine web site and discovered they are closed on Mondays for visits and tours. OK, so I get to Jamie's earlier. Does places being closed on Mondays have a familiar ring?

I  found an Applebee's Restaurant nearby and had a berry and baby spinach salad which was delicious.Yes, and I lost another hour today as I travel east. I am now on Central Time.

OK, I will close for now but remember that God loves you and so do I.

Grandpa Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment